I am writing to tell you of the new 2016 Membership Census plans.
Our National UMW is planning for expansion and in that regard wants to
continue with the Online Census begun in 2015. The District MNO’s have
begun to send out the notice to the local Presidents and MNO’s that detail
the steps involved. Each local member or representative will fill out the
information online and for the first time be able to get a Membership card for
being a United Methodist Woman! I know that not all of you have online access or know how to accomplish this but there are ways we can help. Each District MNO will be available to help by talking to each local President or MNO and helping to set up a program where the Census is the subject of the meeting. The Census is due March 30, 2017.
If you are already online and periodically check out the United Methodist Women’s website at http://www.unitedmethodistwomen.org then you will see the links to
the Census and the membership card. It will be good to call a meeting of your membership if possible to do it together and celebrate as you do.
I am also available to help with this process for the Districts and the local UMW’s.
I send many blessings to all for a successful process and event. God is Good!
Betty Spencer Dickey Ca/Nv Conference MNO.
California Nevada Conference United Methodist Women Membership Nurture & Outreach Coordinator – Betty Spencer Dickey
Hi everyone, I’m so glad you found your way to our site and this page. I am coordinator of the MNO (membership, nurture & outreach) duties for California Nevada Conference.
Basically there are 4 Districts in our Conference and each District has its own MNO coordinator. We work together to help the local UMWs encourage membership, nurture our membership and outreach to all women. You do not have to be a United Methodist to belong to UMW. In fact, you don’t have to belong to a church. You just have to commit to following our Purpose.
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Our members seek to be in Mission with Women, Children and Youth.
We want to grow spiritually together and to continue to learn so that we are able to help in those Missions and advocate for justice. To enable us to do that, we need members to step up and be in Mission with us. UMW National, Conference and District groups help by:
. Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
1. Encouraging membership is as simple as getting to know people in your neighborhood, at work, at church or in other organizations and developing a relationship with them. Tell them about this great organization and what it does all around the world.
2. Keep updated by going online at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org. It will provide information and resources about all aspects of UMW.
3. Reach out to the youth in church as well as your neighborhood and ask them
to join in a project that your church or UMW is working on. Let them know you value
their input and ideas.
4. Give all women and youth a chance to go to the events that are sponsored by your local or District UMW by asking them personally if they would join you and then pay their way. Ask them to drive you!
5. Offer them scholarships to go to the bigger events that are in your area or even sponsor them to go to the National Assembly, held every four years. Those events leave a lasting impression and create understanding about the scope of UMW.
Please feel free to contact me by click here for other ideas or to create a new UMW group. More later and keep up the good work.