A Message from our Secretary
This year I have been spending many hours working, along with the conference team to update our Standing Rules. This has required us to make some corrections and additions. If you have any questions please contact me. It is my duty to keep accurate minutes of our meetings and if you missed something I can look it up.
At the July 9, 2016 conference team meeting members reviewed proposed changes and came up with recommendations. These recommendations with be voted on at business meeting portion of the UMW Conference Annual Celebration to be held in Santa Rosa October 15. Please review these changes by clicking here for a Word document or here for a PDF. Below is an explanation of the document so you can spot the changes.
Standing Rules changes/updates
The expenses of the three voting delegates shall be covered by the funds set aside for the Quadrennial meeting. Any remaining funds shall be divided among the elected Executive Committee members who attend the Quadrennial meeting.
Delete the word ‘Office’, change to Expenses by virtue of office; add item b. Supplies/printing expenses
3) District Treasurers: change ‘shall mail’ to ‘shall submit’
4) Bank statements for all ‘California-Nevada Conference UMW’ will be sent by the ‘agency’
5) Policy for Appeals of United Methodist Women is now Appendix 2
6) Policy for Use of the Youth/Young Adult Fund is now Appendix 3
Just one change which was to correct the date of applications from August to September
7) Policy for Investment Committee Procedures is now Appendix 4
This title was changed to add ‘Beulah’ so that it states Beulah Investment Committee Procedures
8) Policy for Committee on Nominations and/or Policy Rules is now Appendix 5
The composition of this committee shall be composed of ‘five to eleven (5-11) persons instead of seven (7); the names of persons who have accepted the invitation to be a nominee are to be presented at the July meeting; the committee will present this slate of nominees and there will be a ballot only if necessary.
9) UMW Mission u Events Policies is now APPENDIX 6
The maximum size of the class (addition) ‘or may be determined by the Mission u team’
A full refund shall be permitted if a cancellation of registration is received ‘by registration deadline”